Egg Fried Rice for Breakfast

Breakfast has always been one of my favourite meals. In fact, I'm willing to say that it's tied for first with lunch and dinner. This morning we had some leftover brown rice and I didn't feel like having scrambled eggs, one of the two forms in which my wife will actually eat eggs. Instead I minced some garlic, put oil in a hot pan, added the garlic, followed by the day old rice. Finally, I made room in the center of the pan and cracked an egg in. As the smell of garlic and fried egg filled the room, I was taken back to my kitchen at home when my Ba (dad) would make this for breakfast. It was such a simple meal but I couldn't get enough of it maybe it was because it's a meal that goes so well with Nuoc Mam? Despite me wanting to eat an entire pan-full of eggs and rice, my parents would put a stop to that, and that's probably for the best. As you can see, I was very conservative in the amount of food.

I spent an hour running from store to store just now, looking for ingredients for tonight's dinner. I was worried that the Korean grocery store wouldn't have little dried shrimp but turns out they did and my oh my are they expensive. There's a hint as to what this dish could be...hopefully it turns out pretty.

Comments