Parsnip, Parsley and friends soup, inspired by Parsnip Soup with leeks and parsley from simplyrecipes.com
- 1 leek, thiny sliced
- 1 medium size onion, chopped (this was for a lack of more leeks)
- 2 cups of finely chopped parsley
- A knob of butter (It was like a knob. Maybe more like a hefty slice.)
- 1-2 stalks of celery, chopped
- A couple potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb of parsnips, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups mushroom stock (is what I used. Vegetable, beef, chicken. Whatever you got.)
- Salt, Pepper, Thyme
In hot saucepan, soften leeks and onion in butter. Add celery, parsnips, potatoes and season with salt, pepper, thyme. Sweat them out a bit more, then add the water and stock. I usually just add the water and the stock cubes at the same time, probably not the best idea but it works just fine when I forget to make the stock beforehand. Bring to a boil and let simmer until parsnips and potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, add parsley and blitz with a hand blender or regular blender by adding the soup in batches. Serve.
It had a peaceful, soft green colour. I thought the parsley would come out punching but you can really
taste the parsnip. It played gently with the parsley in the playground that was our soup.
We followed up the soup with some chicken sausages and mash potatoes. Yum.
if this is chemical...